Job Location: Fort Myers Flordia
Visit our locations page for street addresses for these locations.
Perform all painting duties as assigned in a correct, safe, timely and efficient manner.
Reports directly to the Job Foreman.
Authority is provided by Job Foreman to carry out duties and responsibilities of the position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Carry out function described in Function 1.1.
- Prepares surfaces for painting by removing old paint, patching holes, sanding, pressure washing, etc.
- Paints, finishes and refinishes wood, metal, and other materials.
- Ensures that there is an adequate supply of materials available. Orders receives, inspects, and stores equipment, merchandise, commodities, materials, and/or supplies.
- Teaches others the principles and techniques used in the specific service or trade, adherence to industry and/or safety standards and maintenance of related equipment, tools and/or supplies.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of principles, theories, and practices of vocational training.
- Knowledge of proper operation of machines and tools, including but not limited to their uses, designs, benefits, repairs, and maintenance.
- Identification and application of appropriate safety intervention techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of set-up and safe use of scaffolds and ladders.
- Maintain and/or repair of tools and equipment.
- Deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Speak clearly, concisely and effectively; listen to, and understand, information and ideas as presented verbally
- Communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing; read and understand information presented in writing
- Proper handling of risks which require the use of special safety precautions and/or equipment, e.g., working around operating machines, working with contagious diseases or hazardous chemicals, etc. in the safest manner.
- The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking over rough terrain or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, twisting, reaching, or similar activities; climbing ladders and/or scaffolds, recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as supplies and equipment. The work may require specific but common physical characteristics and abilities such as lifting up to 75 pounds, above-average agility, and dexterity. Ability to walk 3-5 miles per day, work in temperatures in excess of 100 degrees, work while wearing required personal safety equipment including but not limited to gloves, hardhat, respirator/ self contained breathing apparatus, safety glasses, safety harness, safety vest, and steel toe shoes/boots.