Job Location Newark Delaware Area
Supervise and participate in the painting operations of interior and exterior areas, equipment and furniture as assigned in a correct, safe, timely and efficient manner.
Reports directly to the Project Manager.
Authority is provided by Project Manager to carry out duties and responsibilities of the position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervise and participate in painting operations to include the painting of buildings, areas, signs, equipment and furniture in accordance with blueprints, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Carry out the instructions of the Project Manager as it pertains to the schedule of work for the group, ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
- Estimate time, cost and materials for painting projects; determine sequences of painting operations and methods to be used to include scaffolding and rigging.
- Inspect completed work for compliance with blueprints, specifications and instructions; direct any rework or modification.
- Recommend various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions and vacation schedules.
- Train and instruct new employees.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Work requires knowledge of the techniques, practices and methods of the painting trade normally acquired through 4 years of experience in the preparation and painting of interiors and exterior surfaces.
- Prepares surfaces for painting by removing old paint, patching holes, sanding pressure washing, etc.
- Paints, finishes and refinishes wood, metal and other materials.
- Ensures that there is an adequate supply of materials available. Orders, receives, inspects, and stores equipment, merchandise, commodities, materials, and/or supplies.
- Teaches others the principles and techniques used in the specific service or trade, adherence to industry and/or safety standards and maintenance of related equipment, tools and/or supplies.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of principles, theories and practices of vocational training.
- Knowledge of proper operation of machines and tools, including but not limited to their uses, designs, benefits, repairs and maintenance.
- Identification and application of appropriate safety intervention techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of set-up and safe use of scaffolds and ladders.
- Maintain and/or repair of tools and equipment.
- Deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Speak clearly, concisely and effectively; listen to, and understand, information and ideas as presented verbally
- Communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing; read and understand information presented in writing
- Proper handling of risks which require the use of special safety precautions and/or equipment, e.g., working around operating machines, working with contagious diseases or hazardous chemicals, etc. in the safest manner.
- The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking over rough terrain or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, twisting, reaching, or similar activities; climbing ladders and/or scaffolds, recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as supplies and equipment. The work may require specific but common physical characteristics and abilities such as lifting up to 75 pounds, above-average agility, and dexterity. Ability to walk 3-5 miles per day, work in temperatures in excess of 100 degrees, work while wearing required personal safety equipment including but not limited to gloves, hardhat, respirator/ self contained breathing apparatus, safety glasses, safety harness, safety vest, and steel toe shoes/boots.